A modular vertical garden, water jet cut screens combine CAD manufacturing techniques with plants. These walls can be pro-actively used to address issues of air quality, storm water runoff, thermal insulation, and sound attenuation.
Live Within Skin can serve both interior and exterior applications and may be adapted to most environmental conditions through plant selection, integrated irrigation, and lighting. We encourage the use of rainwater harvesting and catchment systems or other techniques of water reuse when possible.
- Commissioning Agent: Twenty 20 visual effects, Santa Monica, CA
- Team: Freya Bardell with Brian Howe
- Size of work: four 3’ x 5’ x 5” panels
- Media: Water jet cut steel, growing medium, plants, irrigation
- Fabrication and Installation: Hydrojet